August 6, 2011
Best internet discoveries this week:
- The future of news reporting– there’s no doubt that Twitter is a source for ground-breaking news. News of Amy Winehouse’s death appearing on Twitter 20 minutes after she was found is another example showing the power of Twitter.
- Be careful what you re-tweet– even though Twitter is useful to find first hand news, it’s also easy to caught up with the excitement as this story shows.
- A Facebook fan on a page is worth how much in internetdom? The latest study from ComScore and Facebook reveals that a fan is worth the sum of his or her friends. Beyond the value a fan on the page, brands should also consider how to extend that reach by making use of ‘Friends of Fans’
- Kia Creates World’s First Stop-Motion Ads on Fingernails
- Got nine seconds to spare? Check out this series of the world’s shortest ads from Nokia N9